Kentwell Hall | Long Melford | Suffolk
For one weekend only we are delighted to welcome back due to popular demand The Kings Shilling. The expression ‘to take the king’s shilling’, meant to sign up to join the armed forces. A bonus payment of a shilling was offered to tempt lowly paid workers to leave their trade. During the Napoleonic period, (at 12p to a shilling), this represented six days wages in one go. Come and have a chat and learn of their experiences and adventures.
- The house is open to visitors
- Spring flowers along the woodland walks and in the walled garden
- See the young lambs and piglets
- Meet the Miniature Shetland Ponies and our Poitou Donkey
- Enjoy the children's outdoor games and obstacle course
- Follow the Story Book Adventure Trail
- The Stable Yard Tea Rooms are open all day
- Under 5's go free
- Free on-site car parking
- Local Farms
It is your responsibility to verify availabilities, opening times, and all relevant details of businesses and events shown on this website.