Mini Mammoths is a monthly activity session at Ipswich Museum for under 5s and their parents, grandparents or carers.
Children have the chance to explore a different part of the museum each month through a mixture of play, stories, trails, craft and science activities, all designed to encourage development, communication and curiosity about the world around us.
Come and join us and 'Woolly' the little mammoth to have some fun and explore the museum.
Mini Mammoths takes place on the first Tuesday of every month between 10.15am - 11.15am.
- January - no session
- Tuesday 2 February - "The World of Birds"
- Tuesday 1 March - "Exciting Egyptians"
- Tuesday 5 April - "Rocks, Fossils and Dinosaurs"
- Tuesday 3 May - "Animal Classifications"
- Tuesday 7 June - "Seaside Fun"
- Tuesday 5 July - "Shapes and Patterns"
- August - no session
- Tuesday 6 September - "Bones and Skeletons"
- Tuesday 4 October - "Hibernating Animals"
- Tuesday 1 November - "Big and Small"
- Tuesday 6 December - "World Celebrations"
Mini Mammoths sessions are very popular and numbers are limited to ensure a high-quality experience. To book a place, drop into the Ipswich Museum before the day of the session, or ring 01473 433551.
Cost: £2 per child, per session.
- Classes & Activities
It is your responsibility to verify availabilities, opening times, and all relevant details of businesses and events shown on this website.