The beach at Felixstowe, a former favourite of Edwardian society, is a sand and shingle beach, complete with beach huts, an old pier and traditional amusements. You will also find a series of beautiful sea front gardens lining the shores here.
- Sailing and fishing take place at the beach
- There is zoning for swimming activities
- There are fairs at Easter and at late May Bank Holiday Weekend
- And a Carnival in August with a firework display
The beach is great for children.
Beach hut hire
- A number of privately owned beach huts plus two Council owned huts are available for hire at a number of different locations.
- A list of these huts and booking forms are available from Felixstowe Tourist Information Centre on 01394 276770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These can be booked from Easter until end of September.
- During the winter months one of the Council owned beach huts is available for daily hire whilst in its winter location on the promenade at a charge of £20 per day.
This can be booked by calling Felixstowe Tourist Information Centre on 01394 276770 or by emailing email@example.com.
Beach type: Sand/Shingle
Directions: The beach is adjacent to the town; take the A12 / A14 to Felixstowe.
Parking: Parking is alongside the promenade. There is parking for approximately 100 cars with spaces for disabled people. Some of the parking is free.
Dogs: There are litter and dog bins on the beach but dogs are not allowed on the beach from May - September
- Outdoor Activities
- Beaches & Piers
It is your responsibility to verify availabilities, opening times, and all relevant details of businesses and events shown on this website.