Explore the fascinating artefacts and collections of Felixstowe Museum, which brings alive the military and social history of this seaside town.
Housed within the Ravelin Block of the neighbouring Landguard Fort, the building was once home to a submarine mining establishment.
The museum is managed by a team of friendly volunteers who are always happy to help. Their expertise is second to none and is always delivered with enthusiasm and a passion for history.
A real ‘hidden’ treasure – adults and children alike can discover all sorts of amazing stuff in fourteen different rooms, from costumes and model planes, to fossils and toys. There are also special events, learning activities and new themed exhibitions each season to enjoy. 2014 exhibition: World War I.
Things to Do
- Trace the military life of Landguard from Henry VIII to the 1950’s.
- Peek into the contents of a garden shed which was literally lost in time!
- Go up, up and away in a room full of miniature flying machines.
- Marvel at the bits of a real woolly mammoth.
- Enjoy a cuppa and a cake in the Museum library.
- Kaboom! look inside a reconstructed mine.
- Full steam ahead… learn about the ‘Belle’ steamers.
- Visit the General Store with its items and prices from a bygone era.
- The doctor will see you… amongst the colourful bottles of St. Audry’s.
13.00 – 17.00 Easter to June: Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays
June, July and September: Sundays, Bank Holidays and Wednesdays
August: Wednesdays, Thursdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays
October: Sundays and Bank Holidays
Last admissions 16.30
- Adults – £2
- Children – 50p
- Under 5’s – Free
We offer tea, coffee, hot chocolate, cold drinks and snacks – the Museum tea-room is the perfect place to relax and refuel!
We have plenty of indoor and outdoor seating, and offer table service
The Museum gift shop has something for everyone! Jewellery, stationery, local history books, tea towels, mini cannons and Magna Cartas! With reasonable prices and souvenirs to delight all ages, the gift shop is an unmissable stop on any visit to Felixstowe Museum.
Disability & Access
All public galleries and spaces are fully accessible and wheelchair friendly.
There is a wheelchair available on request, which can be borrowed free of charge.
There is ample free parking directly outside the Museum.
Well behaved dogs are welcome!
- Indoor Activities
It is your responsibility to verify availabilities, opening times, and all relevant details of businesses and events shown on this website.