The Fisher Theatre
Birthday Parties: The Cellar
- Oozes character as soon as you open the door leading up the three small steps. The uneven brick floor, throughout the cellar, has proved to be an ideal space for Children’s Party Entertainers, pre-party drinks where champagne and canapés are often served. This intimate space seats 40 comfortably or up to 60 if standing.
- There are many ways of lighting this area; fairy lights around each pillar, which are a permanent fixture, soft tube lighting or theatre spot lights. This area also is a main focus when tours take place as this is our Heritage Centre boasting many original artefacts dating back to 1828.
- A sound system is installed within this area as well as the flexibility of adding extra options; DVD Player, Projection Screen, Tea & Coffee making facilities, Small tables with an array of chairs both old and new!
- Even if you are not booking this area, but would like to have a look, just have a word with the Box Office Volunteer to show you the way.
- The Cellar (40 to 60 people depending on layout): £10 per hour
The Fisher Youth Theatre Group (FYTG)
Long before the lovely Fisher Theatre we know and enjoy today was finished FYTG began, rehearsing and performing in the unfinished space. The idea was conceived in 1997 and began with workshops sponsored by Arts East, and carried out by Darren France, who is still leading the group.
Darren and Dave Simington formally started the group in March 2000.
The group has 80 active members. Specialist tutors are hired to work with the young members in activities such as dancing, singing, stage fighting, filming and production and technical aspects of theatre. For the last few years Darren France and Laila Choat have led all Junior and Senior Productions for FYTG with occasional support from guest directors.
We run a Junior and Senior Production Group. Juniors from 7-12 and Seniors 13-18. Each group produces, at the most, two full-length plays, musicals or showcases of a variety of work each year.
Café & Bar
The Café & Bar is open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 3pm, and from 6pm on show nights.
Tea, coffee and homemade cakes are available all day.
There is no on-site parking, but many Bungay streets have time-limited parking bays until 6pm.
Times vary so please check signs when parking.
Pay & Display car parks a few minutes walk away are situated in Chaucer Street, Priory Lane and Wharton Street.
- Indoor Activities
- Party Guide
- Attractions and Museums
It is your responsibility to verify availabilities, opening times, and all relevant details of businesses and events shown on this website.