Friday Street Farm Shop
Friday Street Farm is a thriving arable farm situated near to the quintessentially English seaside towns of Aldeburgh and Southwold. It enjoys fantastic access to the A12 and A1094, the main Aldeburgh road.
The Friday Street site hosts a large Farm Shop with attached Home Store, Cafe/Restaurant and a permanent on site Fishmonger. Seasonally, we have Pick Your Own (P.Y.O.) soft fruit.
Owned and farmed by the Blyth family for 3 generations, Friday Street Farm has been serving the local community since 1976, when the Farm Shop first started selling a small amount of seasonal produce.
Today, the Farm Shop offers a fantastic range of foods, many that are either home grown or locally produced and complimented by unusual artisan ranges from further afield.
The Cafe/restaurant has an extensive menu of home cooked and locally sourced foods. We serve a great Suffolk cooked breakfast and a wonderful selection of homemade desserts.
Our Home Store stocks a great mix of well known brands, new designers and local craft and giftware producers. We also have a small range of gardening products and Salters nutritional dog food.
The newly opened in store butchery offers a wide range of locally produced meat.
PICK YOUR OWN
- Here at the Friday Street we have an excellent Pick Your Own offer. A few years ago we moved to undercover, table top planters which allow a high amount of sunlight to reach the plants while keeping the enthusiastic picker protected from the elements.
- The table top approach is a real back saver and makes the whole experience a really enjoyable one. The table tops allow the plants to grow at a height of about 3-4 ft. from the ground level and the hanging nature of the strawberries mean that both adults and children can easily reach the crop.
- Our raspberry bushes are located at the end of the strawberry plants and year after year provide a fantastic plump fruit that you will not see elsewhere.
- The Pick Your Own is currently open 7 days a week during normal shop opening hour”
See website for details
- The Jewel in our Crown. The Cafe Resturant at Friday Street is a (badly kept) local secret. Nearly all of our food is made on site and the few dishes that aren’t are sourced locally.
- Our sausage rolls are a great example, made in small batches, the pastry is made and rolled by hand in our kitchen and the sausagemeat is from pigs who are weened just 500yds from our farm. This is a truly great Suffolk product. The Desserts on offer are all freshly made on site. Fresh cream roulades, Trifles, Eclairs and a mountainous Lemon meringue pie. If you don’t have room take one home, they are not to be missed!
- If you want something a little smaller but equally delicious, try our Friday’s Mess, a specially developed, exclusive Ice Cream produced using Raspberries grown and picked on our farm, milk from Suffolk dairies, real pieces of meringue and made by the local Suffolk Ice Cream producer Suffolk Meadow part of the Marybelle Dairy. When we launched this product we gave all the Friday Street team a tub to try and most tubs didn’t make it home!
- We enjoy a busy lunchtime trade so booking is most certainly advisable.
- Outdoor Activities
It is your responsibility to verify availabilities, opening times, and all relevant details of businesses and events shown on this website.