Our vision for Suffolk is to create an informed, enlightened, and thriving community where all can achieve their highest potential.
Suffolk Libraries have sessions; Babybounce/Tot Rockbaby, crafts for pre preschoolers and primary school age children and many others can be real lifesavers for parents & carers looking for things to do as a regular activity.
Here are some interesting child friendly facts that all parents should know:
- All Suffolk libraries welcome breastfeeding, there are no specific designated areas, for further details please contact your local library.
- Libraries aren't quiet any more and it’s fine for babies and toddlers to make a noise! There are many very lively activities for all ages although there are still plenty of periods and places in libraries which are a bit quieter.
- You are welcome to bring buggies to the sessions, although there is limited space in some of the smaller libraries, just ask your local library in advance.
- Babies /toddlers can apply for their own library card from birth. Get your baby/child their own children's Suffolk Library's Card![/caption] need is the parent or carer's proof of identity. Once they join they can borrow 20 books, plus DVDs and story CDs some parents use their own cards but why not get one for your baby/child so they can use it as they get older. Plus there’s a lovely colourful new library card for children.
- FREE WiFi in all Suffolk Libraries! *woo-hoo*
- Bookstart gives away free book packs for babies & pre-preschoolers. They also have special packs for dual language. They are limited by what supplies and languages are available but anyone interested can contact them directly.
- Most Suffolk libraries run activity sessions and events for children which may include:
- Baby bounce: soothing songs and gentle nursery rhymes for babies
- Tot Rock: songs and action rhymes for toddlers
- Baby bounce and Tot Rock: songs and rhymes for babies and toddlers
- Storytime: stories and rhymes for pre-school children
- Family playtime: for 0-4 year olds
- Craft activities: for primary school age children
- Indoor Activities
It is your responsibility to verify availabilities, opening times, and all relevant details of businesses and events shown on this website.