- Italianate gardens, parkland, woods and children's playground: open daily, 9 to 5:30 (dusk if earlier).
- *Access to the house is by tour only between 11 to 12 and 4 to 5 (except Bank Holidays);
- between 12 - 4pm it is free flow with last entry at 3.15pm.
- **Entrance hall and basement only open weekends in December.
- Closed 25 December. Plant and garden shop may close earlier in winter. Porter's Lodge outdoor café may close in adverse weather. For information about opening times please click here
A Georgian Italianate palace in an idyllic English landscape
A grand place for a truly entertaining day out.
Ickworth's impressive Rotunda - a magnificent showcase commmissioned by the 4th Earl of Bristol to house his priceless treasures collected on tours around Europe in the 18th-century - is an architectural marvel.
After walking in the tranquil parkland, experience 1930s domestic service in the restored servants' basement, sharing the real stories and memories of former staff who kept this country estate running.
■ Enjoy days out from a great line-up of events throughout the year for all your family and friends.■ Enjoy special Living History days, Conservation in Action days and Cooks in the Kitchen days throughout the year in the Rotunda House.
■ Discover the enchanting stumpery in the Italianate garden.
■ Wander at leisure across acres of parkland pleasure grounds and chart the changing seasonal landscape.
■ Picnic anywhere you like, but our walled garden and seasonal meadow are especially magical.
■ Have fun with our children's packs providing hours of entertainment every day of the year.
Winter: park and gardens only
Gift Aid - Adult £4.50, Family £9.00, Group Adult N/A
Standard - Adult £4.00, Family £8.00, Group Adult £3.60
- Seasonal menu in our friendly, self-service West Wing restaurant
- Drinks, snacks and outside seating area at the Porter's Lodge cafe
- Sweets, treats and ice creams, toys, gifts and books in our West Wing gift shop
- Plant and garden centre conveniently near the car park
- Parking 200 yards from West Wing and house
- Dogs welcome (apart from the Italianate gardens). Please keep them on leads at all times in the Estate and take notice of any signs. Spare leads, water, dog biscuits and poo bags available at Porter’s Lodge.
- Free house tours only from 11am - 12 noon subject to availability
- Free regular park and garden tours
- Groups welcome - please contact us before you visit: Ickworthgroups@nationaltrust.org.uk
- Parking for coaches
- Baby-changing facilities
- Front-carrying baby slings and hip-carrying infant seats for loan
- Children's play area
- Children's guide
- Children's quiz/trail
- Family activity packs
- Family events and activities
- Family 'trim trail' in woods
- Family cycle route
- West Wing - fully accessible to visitors
- Lift to all levels in the Rotunda - restricted access for mobility vehicles and wheelchairs due to the building's structure
- Designated mobility parking in main car park for Blue Badge holders; a golf buggy service to and from the car park in the main season
- Outdoor wheelchair available from West Wing
- Drop-off point for passengers with disabilities at the rear of the West Wing
- Partly accessible grounds (map available), loose gravel paths, some steep slopes, terraces and steps; five single-seater Personal Mobility Vehicles (PMVs) available
- When visiting the Rotunda, we ask that you leave pushchairs, food & drinks, large bags and rucksacks in West Wing reception
- To avoid damaging floors in the Rotunda, we ask that heels on shoes are larger than a postage stamp in area (no stilettos)
- To read our full access statement, please copy this link into your browser: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/ickworth/documents/ickworth-access-stat...
Note that although opening hours for the parkland, woods and childrens playgrounds are as shown, other parts of the property have different opening times. Visit the website for full details.
Please note...Parkland closes dusk if earlier. Entrance hall and basement only weekends in December. Last entry to the house 45 minutes before closing Italianate Garden and plant and garden shop may close earlier in winter. Porter's Lodge outdoor café may close in adverse weather.
- Outdoor Activities
- Walks & Picnics
It is your responsibility to verify availabilities, opening times, and all relevant details of businesses and events shown on this website.