Lowestoft - South of Claremont Pier Beach
- Scuba diving
- Jet ski-ing
- Water ski-ing
- Snorkelling and fishing
- There is zoning when necessary for water sports (contact the Beach Officer on 01502 523 012)
- Beach activities include children's corner Awards and Recommendations
- The South Beach is the only beach in Suffolk to hold the Keep Britain Tidy Blue Flag award
- Marine Conservation Society Recommended
- Improvements in recent years include the East Point Pavillion Visitor Centre; refurbished seafront; promenade and the re-opened South Pier
- Cafe / restaurants
- Also shops; lost child centre; first aid post; slip-way; toilets (including disabled)
Beach type: Sand
Lifeguard: from May through September
- The summer season runs from April to October. Huts are available to hire week by week or in a block.
- Special offers are available during both the early part and late part of the summer season.
- Please contact the team for further details.
- The winter season runs from November to March.
- A selection of huts are still available to hire through this period.
- The cost of hire is at a considerably reduced rate because most of the services provided in the summer season are unavailable during the winter period. - telephone 01502 562111
Directions: Located centrally in Lowestoft adjacent to the main A12 trunk road; approx 400 yards from the main train station. The coach drop off point (Royal Plain) and bus stop are also adjacent.
Parking: There is parking for 500 cars including disabled spaces. There is a charge for using the car park.
Dogs: Litter and dog bins are provided but dogs are banned from certain areas of the beach from 1st May to 30th September.
- Outdoor Activities
- Beaches & Piers
It is your responsibility to verify availabilities, opening times, and all relevant details of businesses and events shown on this website.