Explore Rendlesham on foot or by bike. Play equipment and a cycle park will give you a forest experience with even more fun!
The forest in your pocket - FREE App
Get all the info on our forests on the go, from site directions, events, and downloadable PDF maps. You can also find out about the nearest Forest Holidays and Camping in the Forest sites to make the most of your forest visit, or try your hand at becoming a tree detective with our handy tree identifier.
- There are two circular walks, the blue easy access trail of 1.2km/0.75 miles and the longer red trail of 5km/3miles. Both will take you through plantations, heathland and wetlands. The UFO trail will stimulate your imagination and take you to some of the areas connected to the UFO sighting in December 1980.
- For camping information please go to : http://www.forestcamping.co.uk/
- Cycling & bike park
- The two cycle routes of varying distance and difficulty criss cross the forest. The bike park is an exciting place for experienced cyclists to develop their skills. There is something for cyclists of all ages.
. Young cyclists and family trails
Learn to ride your bike in the forest! Cycling in the forest is one of the safest and most relaxing ways to pick up confidence and develop cycling skills.
There are two family cycle trails starting from Rendlesham Forest Centre.
- The short Blue graded Tang Trail, is approx 6 miles with a shortcut allowing you to halve your ride. Named after the river Tang, follow the white waymarkers for a gentle ride through the woods. Find out more
- The longer F.I.D.O. Trail is nearly 10 miles in length and will take you through various terrains, from road and gravel to sand and grass. F.I.D.O. is named after the WWII 'Fog Investigation and Dispersal Operation' which allowed 4200 Allied aircraft to make emergency landings at Woodbridge airfield. This trail also has a waymarked shortcut. Find out more
Stop off for a picnic with the family to break up your ride, and spend some quality time in the great outdoors!
The Bike Park
Rendlesham bike park is an exciting place for experienced cyclists to develop their skills.
Please make sure you are appropriately equipped and experienced before venturing onto the two callenging one-way rides. You will find further advice at the start which should be read carefully before riding.
The bike park ius 250m from the main car park.
Out of this world play
The play areas can be found near to the car park and provide a challenge for all ages with a tube slide, climbing wall, obstacle course, swings, zip-line and much more.
Rendlesham is home to two bird species, the Nightjar and Woodlark.
After your forest adventure take your family and friends for a relaxing picnic.” BBQ is FREE but only permitted within the Forest Centre Car Parking area providing you :
1) Complete a permit application and hand it to staff on duty, available from the info hut in the main car park
2) Set up your B B Q on one of the the concrete pads near to the FC provided picnic tables
3) Clear up the pad after you have finished, place litter in the rubbish bins provided, There is also a metal dustbin provided for disposable B B Q's and charcoal once they have been soaked in water.
You must not :
Place any B B Q on a FC provided picnic tables
B B Q on an open fire or gather brashings to supplement the fuel that has been brought onto the site along with your food..
B B Q once the site has been formally closed, ( ie from Dusk to dawn )
- Outdoor Activities
- Active & Adventure
- Camping/Caravan Parks
- Parks & Playgrounds
- Walks & Picnics
- Wildlife & Nature
It is your responsibility to verify availabilities, opening times, and all relevant details of businesses and events shown on this website.