Suffolk Owl Sanctuary
Situated in Stonham Barns, The Suffolk Owl Sanctuary carry a large selection of birds which includes Hawks, Kestrels, Buzzards & Owls. If you stay for one of their flying sessions you are in for a treat! They have knowledgeable staff handling the birds and doing the shows, they move around the area in front of the audience and the way they interact with the birds gives you the chance to really see the birds at work close up.
Watching the meerkats and feeding times are the kiddies favourite, there is a stamp safari which is cute and interactive and quite educational! There is also a small playground and a maze for the kiddies to run around. This is a great attraction to spend a couple of hours with the family, they also hold summer events.
Why not treat your child to a Birthday Party
with a difference at The Suffolk Owl Sanctuary!
The children will receive a guided tour, spend time close-up with the Owls, can enjoy some special owlish fun & games including mask-making or other basic art-based activity, go on the S.O.S. Owl Safari, have a group photograph taken with an Owl, will receive a special goody-bag and balloon and we'll provide an Adopt-an-Owl Certificate for the lucky boy or girl. Click here for an independent review!
OLIVER OWL BIRTHDAY PARTIES
Available from Easter to September*
Suitable for ages 6+.
Cost £7.00 Per Head (minimum of 8) plus 2 Adults free
A Flying Display
SOS Safari Trail
An Owl Adoption for the Birthday Boy or Girl
“Close To The Owls” Photo Opportunity
Special Goody Bag & Balloon for each child
Use of specially-decorated area for eating & art-based activities
You can bring your own picnic tea or we can supply a unique
Owl Birthday Cake to the design featured above, at a cost of £25.
* If you would like to hold a birthday event at the Sanctuary between October and Easter, please call us on 03456 807897 to discuss the options, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To book your birthday party with a difference,
please call us on local rate number 03456 807 897
or e-mail us at email@example.com for further information.
We request a deposit of £25 at time of booking, please.
Click here for an independent review of a recent Birthday Party held at S.O.S.
The Suffolk Owl Sanctuary is supported by voluntary donations and admission charges from members of the visiting public. Please note that we are WHOLLY RELIANT on these donations and admission charges for the upkeep of the Centre, the welfare of the birds and the funding of our many education, conservation and rehabilitation projects. All monies collected are used only for this purpose.
WINTER: All-Day Winter "Come-&-Go" Pass (Late September - Easter)
Adults £5.00, Seniors £4.00, Juniors aged 4-16 £3.00, Family Group (5) £15.00
Disabled Visitors as above, carers free
Children under 4 go free ~ open daily 10 - dusk (except at Christmas - see above for details)
The majority of our birds are on display throughout the winter. There are no formal flying demonstrations during the winter months, though (weather permitting) you are welcome
to watch as we exercise birds regularly on the flying ground at this time. There will also be meerkat feeding sessions daily. Please ask at
reception for details or call ahead on 08456 807897 for times.
Optional: Combination Admission including private
Meerkat Encounter Session (click for details)
Subject to availability - Book In Advance
Single Combination Ticket £20.00, Family Group Ticket (max 5) £75
Please note the following amended opening hours over the Christmas / New Year Holiday
Wednesday 23rd December - open until 12.00, closed PM
Thursday 24th December - open until 12.00, closed PM
Friday 25th December - closed
Saturday 26th December - closed
Sunday 27th - Thursday 31st December - open am, closed at 2.00pm
Friday 1st January - closed
Saturday 2nd Jan - normal opening hours resume
SUMMER: All-Day Summer "Come-&-Go" Pass (Easter - late September)
Adults £7.50, Seniors £6.00, Juniors aged 4-16 £5.00, Family Group (5) £25
Disabled Visitors as above, carers free.
Children under 4 go free ~ open daily 10 - 5
New Discovery Centre opens!
We're very pleased to announce the opening of our brand new Discovery Centre at the centre in Stonham Aspal. It was devised and created by the charity’s Admin Team, Catherine and Anna (with some help from master of the spray paint, falconer Dean) and its purpose is to highlight many of the extraordinary facts about owls & other birds of prey, as well as emphasising the importance of British wildlife conservation in general. To do this they've developed a host of different interactive displays & exhibits which are great fun too try as you read alongside all about our feathered friends.
Among the intriguing, hands-on exhibits are:
- HOW DO I LOOK? - Have fun as your photo is taken in the guise of an owl!
- GET A GRIP - Test the strength of your grip against that of a Golden Eagle - you’ll soon grasp the difference!
- MEASURE UP - You’ll have to stretch to beat the wingspan of Charlie Condor, the world’s biggest bird of prey!
- FOOD CHAIN FACTS - Make yourself a bracelet as you discover how the Food Chain links together!
- PELLET DETECTIVES - Discover what’s in an owl pellet and how it can help you discover more about their diet.
- HIGH FLYERS - Flying over Everest with only the beat of your wings to keep you airborne is hard to imagine - but this vulture does it every year!
- A WORD IN YOUR SHELL-LIKE - Compare the diversity of size and colour of different raptor eggs.
- RAPTOR FACTORS - Fantastic facts about birds of prey brought to life - contrast their extraordinary fields of vision, ability to withstand extreme temperatures and much more…
- BOOK CAMP - Grab a book from our library and sit around the campfire to read all about owls, both fact & fiction.
- COUNTRYSIDE CONSERVATION - You’ll be amazed at how many British wildlife species are under threat of extinction, and how the Countryside Code can help.
- DAMAGE LIMITATION - You’ll be surprised how Rubbish we are at conserving our wildlife!
Though of interest to nature-lovers of all ages, the Discovery Centre is especially targeted young audiences, adding an extra dry-weather attraction for visiting schools when they come to see the huge range of different birds of prey housed at the Sanctuary and the spectacular flying displays which take place there between Easter & October.
- Party Guide
- Attractions and Museums
It is your responsibility to verify availabilities, opening times, and all relevant details of businesses and events shown on this website.