The central beach is a lively and fairly commercialised place with entertainments and amusements on the pier. Close-by beaches are quieter and the Naze is a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest. The beach is sandy, and there is a lifeguard in attendance during the peak season.
- Disabled access to the beach
- A slipway
- Deckchair and beach hut hire
- First aid and lost child services provided by the lifeguards
- Plenty of entertainments and amusements on the pier
- Watersports include Sea fishing as well as windsurfing and sailing
- There is a maritime museum nearby and a boating lake
- Head to Colchester and take the A120 towards Harwich. Subsequently.
- take the A133 towards Clacton-on-sea. turning off in Wheeley following signs to Frinton-on-sea.
- Shortly after Thorpe-le-Soken. turn left and follow signs to Walton.
There is pay-and-display and street parking in the area. Disabled spaces available.
Dog restrictions apply.
- Outdoor Activities
- Beaches & Piers
It is your responsibility to verify availabilities, opening times, and all relevant details of businesses and events shown on this website.