Children Centre's Dad's Groups
Calling all dads and other male carers! If you feel you are missing out on your kids because of work commitments this could be just what you are looking for! Children centres in Suffolk understand that Dads also need to be supported through the challenges of parenthood, and organize Dad's groups running mostly during the weekends.
There is no need to book and they are FREE. Children 0-5 years and their siblings are welcome to attend! These groups give Dad's and granddad's the chance to spend time with the little ones in a toddler friendly secured environment and also the chance to meet other local dad's and their kids. It is a very informative social setting as dad's tend to share ideas on what they do with their kids, discuss if they are having any particular issues and build good friendships.
As an extra incentive, some dad's groups, offer a nice bacon sandwich/snacks and a hot drink which is a big plus as this allow dad's to relax while they watch their kids as they happily play with other children.
Note: The below information is current as per today April 1st 2015, please call your local children's centre if you have any questions.
Please note dad's groups do not run over the Easter Holidays.
"Dad's groups give me the chance to spend valuable time with my son, as I miss him a lot during the week while at work. It's great to watch him make new friends as I chat with the other dads and enjoy a bacon butty!" Paul from Ipswich.
Sunshine Children's Centre, Dad's & Kids breakfast club.Session includes breakfast bar (bacon butties, cereals, croissants), toys & fun activities (indoor & outdoor areas) for children (0-5 years old) and their brothers & sisters.
- Sunshine Children's Centre, Stowmarket Community Centre, Hillside IP14 2BD. Tel: 01449 616091
- First Saturday of every month. Time: 9.30-11.30
Wooden House Children's Centre, Daddy and Me. For dads with children aged 0 - 5 years old. We also welcome older siblings up to age 8. No need to book, just come along with your children.
- 20b Lanark Road, Ipswich, IP4 3EJ. Tel: 01473 323870
- every other Saturday from 9:30 - 11:00am next session is on April18th
Kesgrave Children’s Centre, Dad’s Clubs Play sessions especially for dads, grandads, step dads and male carers together with their children .Access to activity room with dads and a snack for the children are provided. Bacon donated by New Life Community Church, Kesgrave.
- 22 Bell Lane, Kesgrave, IP5 1JQ. Tel: 01473 265833
- Saturday 9.30-11.30 every other week Next sessions are April 18th & May 2nd
Rendlesham Children's Centre, (with play especially for dads and children under 5 years. Please see current timetable for dates).
- Sunday- Next sessions are 12th, 26th April 10-12m, bi-weekly
- Address:Sycamore Drive, Rendlesham IP12 2GF. Tel:(01394) 462191
Phoenix Children's Centre, DAD'S CLUB, snack provided
- Tudor Road, Sudbury, CO10 1NP. Tel: 01787 888666
- (Drop-in) 2nd Saturday each month 10.00am - 12.00noon: Next sessions on Apr 11th; May 9th; Jun13th; Jul 11th
Bury Library Children's Centre, Bury St Edmuds Daddy and Me! For fathers and their children aged 0 - 5 years. Come along with your daddy to play, read stories, sing songs, make crafts and have a special morning together.
- Bury Library Children's Centre, Sergeants Walk, St Andrews Street North, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 1TZ Tel: 01284 732266
- First and third Saturdays 10:00am to 11:30am, next sessions on 18 April, 2 May, 16 May 6 June, 20 June, 4 July, 18 July, 1 August, 15 August Open drop-in
Willows Children's Centre, Time with dad at the willows children
- Magdalene Close, Ipswich, IP2 9UX. Tel: 01473 602150
- First Saturday of every month 9.30-11.30 next session on April 11th
Brett River Children's Centre, A breakfast snack will be provided.
- The Old Corn Exchange Market Place, Hadleigh. Tel:01473 822580
- Every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month, and normally lasts 2 hours: 9.30am - 11:30am.
Bluebells Children’s Centre, Bury Lane, Stanton, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP31 2DE. Tel: (01359) 254282 Dads, Grandads and Male Carers Group bring your children and enjoy a variety of different play experience.
- Bluebells Children's Centre, At Stanton Primary School, Bury Lane, Stanton IP31 2DE. Tel: 01359 254282
- Held on the first Saturday of the month: 11 Apri 2 May, 6 June, 4 July, 1 Aug, 5 Sep, 3 Oct, 7 Nov and 5 Dec.10am - 12 noon
The Arc Children's Centre, Dad’s Group A drop in group for Dads, Step-Dads, Granddads and other male carers with aged 0-5 years Indoor and outdoor play, support and Fathers-to-be are also welcome. For more information contact Michelle.
- Water Lane, Lowestoft, NR32 2NH. Tel: 01502 502230
- Fridays 1-2.30pm
Dad's support: South Lowestoft Children's centres do not run dad's groups, however they encourage dads to attend any activities they run: Indoor and outdoor play, support and advice
- .Kirkley Street, Lowestoft, NR33 0LU Tel:(01502) 532740