Easter Fun in Suffolk
Are you ready to plan you Easter family days out? Look no further we have put together a comprehensive list of some fantastic events that your children will love. Remember some of these events recommend to book in advanced to avoid disappointment. So what is on this Easter 2015? Don't forget all of these events are also on our website's calendar!
Cadbury Easter Eggs Trails & National Trust: For the eighth year running, Cadbury are supporting the National Trust and National Trust for Scotland to bring you the 2015 Easter Egg Trails, a great family day out! In Suffolk the following venues are participating: Melford Hall, Sutton Hoo, Flatford, Dunwich Heath, Ickworth House.
Suffolk Farms: Farms are a favourite for local families, plenty of space for the little ones to run about, playgrounds, animals and yummy food.
- Jimmys Farm, the Farm Park is open from 9.30am-5pm every day of the hols. Children can see and feed all the animals including, pigs, cattle, goats, sheep, alpacas, guinea pigs, rabbits, chickens, rheas, emus, geese and not to mention all the local wildlife.
- Baylham Farm ‘The Easter Speggtacular’ with plenty of fun for all the family. The event will take place from the 3rd of April until the 6th of April, 10am until 5pm each day.
- Hollow Trees - march 30th- April 13th, We have lots going on during the Easter Holidays to keep all ages entertained!
- Ipswich Transport Museum- April 6th, Easter Eggs for the youngsters to find, and free bus rides from the museum
- Mid-Suffolk Light Railway - April 5th - 6th, the Middy opens the 2015 steaming season with the Easter Steam Up, featuring all three of our resident engines in steam along with the annual Easter egg hunt for the kids!
- Ipswich & Colchester Museums- Loads of family packed activities at the Ipswich Museum, Ipswich Art Museum, Hollytrees and National History museums, please check our calendar of events for details
- Museum of East Anglian Life- April 5th, enjoy a day of family fun with the Museum of East Anglian Life’s annual Easter Fun Day
- West Stow Anglo Saxon Village and Country Park - April 5th - 6th A country fair celebrating Brecks Crafts and Heritage Building skills including demonstrations, displays, ‘have a go’ activities and much more. For younger children there is face painting of Breckland animals plus some Easter Egg fun!
- Felixstowe Museum - April 8, Come and join the Easter Bunny for an afternoon of fun for younger children.
- The Long Shop Museum- The Long Shop Museum in Leiston will reopen in style by launching the 2015 season on Saturday 28th March with a fantastic steam and activity day from 10am-5pm.
- East Anglian Transport Museum - April 4th - 5th, Easter Gala The season starts with a celebration of Easter and an Eater egg hunt for children on both days. On Saturday the evening runs until 7pm and the tram and trolley bus fleet, and train, will be lit up to create a unique atmosphere. There will be a park and ride service on the Sunday (only) and a BBQ on both days
- Chantry Library - Easter Egg Hunt, March 28th. Hop on over to Chantry library for an egg-travagant Easter egg hunt on Saturday 28th March. Join us anytime between 11-16.00.
- Kesgrave Library - Spring Fayre, March 29th. Colouring competition, free crafts, Easter Egg hunt, tombola, raffle and many more exciting stalls
- Sudbury Library - Easter Craft for children, April 1st. Come along for Easter themed craft activities at Sudbury library.
- Ipswich Library - Easter Crafts, April 1st. £1 per child to cover materials.
- Hadleigh Library - Red Riding Hood, April 1st, Creative Arts East and Norwich Puppet Theatre present Red Riding Hood – an interactive puppet play.
- Brandon Library - Hogwarts party , April 9th. We are holding a free Harry Potter themed afternoon of fun in the children’s library
- Needham Lake Park- March 31- Easter event at Needham Lake. Suitable for younger shildren, we’ll be setting up a trail around the site with clues to solve and things to find. Complete the trail and share in the easter goodies
- Brandon Park - 28 March 2015 - 6 April 2015, Easter Treasure Trail , Come along and explore the woods to discover the clues to our Treasure Trail. Find all the clues and answer the Treasure Question to win a prize!
- Elmhurst Park - April 4 , Annual Easter Egg Hunt The legendary Easter Egg Hunt is happening once again. As well as swarms of children searching the park for chocolate there will be hot beverages, a bouncy castle and a magician.
- Christchurch Park - April 4, Easter Egg Hunt Find all of the clues around Christchurch Park, fill in your answer sheet and receive your special prize at the end.
- Easton Town Park- EASTER EGG HUNT April 4, Easter fun for all the family – find the hidden tokens in the park, with a chocolate egg for every child and lots of special prizes.
- Nowton Park - April 1st, Kids can design their own bunny masks and follow the Easter Bunny on a search for chocolate eggs that he has hidden around the park.
- Lanwades Park 30th March - 1st April Head off on a treasure hunt around the site looking for bunnies along the way! Collect your map from the Visitors Centre on arrival and pick up a prize at the end.
- Holywells Park -Easter fun in the park - April 2nd. Discover more about the wildlife in this fantastic park with Easter-themed activities for all the family, including an egg-cellent family trail, children’s craft activity and invertebrate hunting.
- Landguard Fort- 1 April 2015 Easter Bunny Hunt, Watch out for the giant Landguard bunny with his goodies.
- Framlingham Castle - April 3rd - 6th, Adventurers wanted this Easter weekend! Meet characters from the past with stories of times gone by – maybe you'll meet a king, a butler, a Roman centurion or even a monk.
Easter Fun in Suffolk :)