Easter trails and activities 2021
Easter trails and activities 2021
- you will be able to meet outdoors in a group of 6 (from any number of households), OR in a group of any size from up to 2 households (each household can include existing support bubbles, if eligible)
- you will be able to take part informally organised outdoor sports with any number of people (outdoor sports venues and facilities will be able to reopen)
- childcare and supervised activities will be allowed outdoors for all children
- formally organised parent and child groups will be able to take place outdoors for up to 15 attendees. Children under 5 will not be not counted in this number
If you are looking for things to do with the kids some attractions and charities have organized activities for you to enjoy. Be safe!
Here is a list of my favorite places:
Somersham Easter Trail - Easter Trail in aid of Somersham Primary School
- Mar 27 - 10:00 to Apr 10 - 13:00
- Trail sheets £1.50 from Somersham Community Shop
Easter Egg Trail - Gardens Open - We have laid dozens of decorated eggs on a trail that runs around the gardens and through the woods and we challenge families to spot them all, while they enjoy exploring our 30 acres of gardens and grounds. Try our Eggheads Challenge - 'scramble' the code on the huge wooden eggs to 'crack' the code they reveal, but please don't get 'eggy' if you can't work it out!
- Apr 02 - 11:00 to Apr 05 - 16:00
- Kentwell Hall
- Online tickets must be booked before 9:00 am of the day of your visit
- Child 3-7 from £8.50
- Child 8-15from £12.50
- Child under 3 from FREE
- Adult from £14.75
Spring Wildlife Trail - Spring has officially sprung at Alton Water so why not come along and explore our spring wildlife trail! Follow the clues and complete the trail to collect your prize!
- Alton Water
- Suitable for all aged 3+
- The puzzle will be available to purchase from the Abbey Gardens Shop from Friday 2 April and then every Thursday - Sunday until the end of April.
- Times: 10am-4pm
- Tickets: £1.50 per sheet
- Booking: Not required
- Framlingham Castle
- Mon 29 Mar - Sun 18 Apr 2021
- You can start your quest at Framlingham Castle every day of the school holidays. It costs just £1.50 per child and this includes a handy pencil for your quest.
- English Heritage members free
- Child, 5-17 years £7.50
Egg hunt and National trust
The National Trust has announced it is pulling its annual Easter egg hunt from next year after ending its long-running partnership with Cadbury. The trust says the decision between the two brands was mutual and was born out of it wanting to focus on “nature” and make chocolate “less of a focus” from 2021. Source "The Independent"
- Easter Egg Hunts at Ickworth Join us for an Easter adventure in nature at Ickworth.
- Discover our family-friendly trail with fun activities for you to do along the way. Complete the trail and earn your chocolate reward at the end
- 29 March - 11 April 2021* | 10.30am - 3pm (last entry) Tickets are released every Friday, so you won't be able to book your Easter visit until Friday 26 March.
Easter Egg Hunts at Flatford Join us for an Easter adventure in nature at Flatford. Discover our family-friendly trail with fun activities for you to do along the way. Complete the trail and earn your chocolate reward at the end.
Daily, 2 - 5 April, 10am - 3pm (whilst stocks last). Trail packs are £3 each. Follow the Easter trail and step into spring with lots of fun activities. Follow the footprints, watch the clouds and wibble wobble like a lamb as you explore all that nature has to offer at Flatford. Complete the activities to claim your chocolate prize!