Harry Panto – Spa Pavilion Felixstowe our review
By Clare Jessup
Talegate Theatre Productions brought Harry Panto to the Spa Pavilion in Felixstowe for a one-off matinee show. The production, as the name suggests, plays on J.K. Rowlings books sailing very close to the copyright wind in a very funny way and one which they highlight themselves.
Harry, Won and Herminniny are back at Frogwarts having defeated the Dark Lord last year.
To everyone’s surprise, it turns out that Professor Snoop is, in fact, He Who Shall Not Be Named in disguise and once again the trio are faced with evil. The show features all the usual panto jokes such as ‘He’s behind you!’ and ‘Oh no you didn’t!’ as well as illusions and magic tricks.
Songs from Wicked and Little Shop of Horrors alongside Little Mix and Taylor Swift had us dancing in our seats and clapping along.
The cast of 4 were very funny and drifted on and off script with ease, especially when things don’t go the way they planned! The audience were firmly behind the cast and joined in with the cheers, boos and general pantomime banter.
I imagine the theatre will be booked up again for their Easter 2018 pantomime, The Wizard of Oz. Further details of this came be found on their website, www.talegatetheatre.co.uk
- The Spa Pavilion is a privately owned theatre with wheelchair access and seating for over 900.
- There is a lovely cafe and bar in the building serving pre-show meals and light snacks which is open daily 9.30am to 5 pm.
- There is limited along the seafront although there are large pay and display car parks in Felixstowe town, the closest being on Ranelagh Road.
- The theatre’s box office is open Tuesday to Saturday 11 am to 4 pm and bookings can also be made online at www.spapavillion.uk
- I imagine the theatre will be booked up again for their Easter 2018 pantomime, The Wizard of Oz.