Haverhill Street Festival
Saturday shoppers might find Haverhill High Street is not quite as they know it on the 1st July.
Haverhill Street Festival, organised by Haverhill Town Council, will see all sorts of weird and wonderful performances taking place in the town centre.
Angie Mack who can do things with hula-hoops that you wouldn’t think possible; Valentino's Street Band performing Jazz, Funk and Calypso tunes; three ungovernable old men who will create surreal comedy with those around them and a couple of celebrity crazed photographers who often mistake shoppers for A list celebrities.
Nick Keeble, Arts and Leisure Manager at the Town Council says
‘This is one of my favourite events of the year as it’s a bit like stepping into an alternate dimension. You will recognise Haverhill but it will be a slightly out of the ordinary version’
‘It’s definitely the best way I know to cheer up the Saturday shop.’
- Haverhill Street Festival will take place in the High Street,
- Haverhill Market Square and Queen Street from 11.00am.
- on 1st July St Edmundsbury Borough Council will be running a Summer Market and Craft Beer Festival.
- In addition to the regular stalls on the weekly market there will be the chance to sample over 20 craft beers and real ales, listen to live music, try out street food from around the world and buy crafts and gifts.
- The Summer Market and Craft Beer Festival will take place between 11.00am and 9.00pm and again on Sunday between 11.00am and 6.00pm.