What is on Sundays For Children in Suffolk!
If you are a parent or a carer of a young child, you'll know that it is often hard to find things to do on a Sunday. Apart from the traditional days out such as going to the park or a walk, or crafts activities at home we decided to put together a list of possible options to inspire you on those weekends if you just haven't got a clue on what is available. Firstly I would suggest you check our calendar of events if you are looking for a special event taking place that day. If you have any other suggestions please feel free to e-mail me and I will add them to the list.
Take your kids to the cinema on Saturday and Sunday mornings and throughout the school holiday mornings with this fantastic Cineworld offer. This is a great way to test if your young child is ready to enjoy a film and a great treat for older children. Cineworld offer Movie for Juniors discounted weekly screenings of kids films at Cineworld Cinemas For just £1.75 (only £3.25 for 3D!) choose from our selection of lively kids movies, from animated films to live action spectacles. If you have a special needs child you can apply for a CEA card which will allow the accompanied adult to go for FREE.
- Cineworld Ipswich: Cardinal Park, 11 Grafton Way, Ipswich, Suffolk IP1 1AX
- Cineworld Bury St Edmunds, Parkway, Bury St. Edmunds IP33 3BA
Easton Farm Park[/caption] Suffolk Farms are a great place to take the kids, Most of them close during the winter and open every Spring except for Jimmys farm which is open all year round. There is plenty of space for the children to run around and explore and they are great fun in any weather. They are reasonably priced and always a treat for the kids to feed the animals and have a little play in their play area. The below farms are open on Sundays!!
- Hollow Tree Farm: Farm Trail - November to March - Sundays and Bank Holidays 9.30 am - 4.00 pm (last entry at 3pm)
- Easton Farm Park: Saturday 21st March 2015 - Sunday 6th September 2015 from 10.30am to 5.30pm. From 7th September - 23rd October 2015 open at weekends only . Everyday during half term week 24th October until 1st November from 10.30am until 2nd November 2015.*The farm will be closed to all but Maverick Music Festival attendees on 3rd, 4th & 5th July 2015
- Baylham House Farm - Until the 6th of September, we are open Tuesday to Sunday, 10.00-5.00pm as well as Bank Holidays. Read our blog here
- Jimmy's Farm - Farm Shop & Farm Park. Everyday 9.30am – 5pm.
Another great place to take the kids that wont cost you the earth. The transport museums are a popular family favourite and can entertain toddlers and primary school children alike. The kids can also feed the animals at the museum of East Anglian Life and there is plenty of space for them to run around.
- Ipswich transport Museum in Ipswich is open on Sunday from March - Nov. Read our blog here
- Christchurch Mansion is open Sunday, 10am to 5pm
- Colchester Castle : 11.00am to *5.00pm on Sunday
- National history museum: Sunday 11am - 5pm
- Museum of East Anglian Life: Sunday 11-4.30 from March-Nov
Junior Park Run:
If your kids can’t wait to get up on Sundays what better way to burn some of that energy but by running around the park with other kids? The run is aimed at 4-14 year olds, the course is 2km in distance made up of 2 laps of 1km and the meeting area is by the Cabman’s Shelter at the top end of the park by the Westerfield Road entrance. Read our blog about Ipswich Junior Parkrun here.
Dad's group, is a fantastic scheme taking place at Suffolk Children Centres. It is a great opportunity for Dad's and granddads to spend time with the kids and meet other local dads. Some of them even offer bacon sandwiches and a hot drink. Rendlesham Children’s Centre run a dad's group bi-weekly on Sundays from 10-12pm, check out other dad's groups running on Saturdays on our blog here.
Swimming is a great activity to do on a Sunday with the children, most leisure centres are open for a free swimming session or look out for their family fun sessions!
- Crown swimming pools in Ipswich are opened on Sundays from 07:45-17:00
- Felixstowe Leisure Centre, Tel. 01394 694600, Baby pool & Fun pool open Sundays from 10-4.30pm. Super Splash, Sundays 2.00pm - 3.30pm
- Deben Pool, Tel. 01394 384763, Indoor Pool Sundays from 8.00am-12.15pm, 1.30 -5.00pm. Fun session 11.15-12.15pm
- Leiston Leisure Centre, Tel. 01728 830364 Indoor Pool Sundays from 10-5.30pm
- Kingfisher Pool, Sudbury Tel. 01787 375656 Swimming pool opens Sundays check timetable for details
- Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre, Stowmarket Swimming pool opens Sundays check timetable here
- Stradbroke Swim & Fitness Centre main Swimming pool opens Sundays check timetable here
- WATERLANE LEISURE CENTRE, Lowestoft Tel. 01502 532540 Swimming pool opens on Sundays check timetable for details
- Bury St Edmunds, Haverhill Leisure Centrea & Mildenhall Swimming Pool Swimming pools open on Sundays check timetable
- Hadleigh Pool & Leisure, Tel. 01473 823470 Swimming pool opens Sundays check timetable for details
Many times, the best meeting places to go on a rainy day are softplay venues.
- Felixstowe Leisure Centre, Felixstowe Tel. 01394 694600, Sunday 9.30am-6.00pm.
- Little Kingfishers Play Centre , Sudbury Tel. 01787 375656, Sunday 10-4.00pm
- Mid Suffolk Play World, Stowmarket Tel. 01449 742 817 Weekends 9.30-6.00pm
- Soft Play Kingdom at Waterlane Leisure Centre, Lowestoft Tel. 01502 532540 Sat/Sun: 7am to 7pm
- Adventure Island Play Park, Lowestoft Tel. 01502 5199337 days a week from 10am – 6pm
- Kids Play, Bury St Edmunds Tel 01284 763799 9:30am – 6:30pm Weekends with public sessions finishing at 5:00pm
- Kid City, Haverhill Leisure Centre, Tel. 01440 702548Monday - Sunday 10am-6pm
- MooPlayFarm, Brampton Tel. 01502 575841 Saturday-Sunday 10am-5pm
- Play2Day, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich Tel. 01473 611333.Non-school days from 10.00am – 6.30pm except Sundays when we close at 5.00pm.
- Snake & Ladders, Ipswich Tel. 01473 255 000 Open 7 days a week from 10am to 6pm
- Wacky Warehouse, Ipswich Tel. 01473 210979 Sunday 11:00 - 19:00
Why not take your children to the nearest pier and treat them to some arcade fun, £1 will go a long way on the 2p coin machines If the weather is good get out the scooters & bicycles and get them to burn some energy riding up and down on the prom? Southwould Pier, Felixstowe Pier, South Pier Lowestoft, Claremont Pier.
Carboot sales :
Can a family trip to your local Car boot sale be made into a fun family day out? I think so. It keeps the kids busy for hours searching through boxes of toys and during the summer there is some additional entertainment for children such as bouncy castles, carousels, face painting and ice cream.They can be a great alternative to spend with the family on a lazy Sunday read my blog "Car Boot's Sale a Fun Family Day Out"
Finally, most libraries offer craft activities for pre school and primary school aged children on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Check your local libraries for details. Read our Family Friendly Libraries blog.
- Aldeburgh Library Craft activities Sunday 1100-1200
- Brandon Library Craft activities first and third Sunday of the month 1115-1230
- Bury St Edmunds Library Storytime, Saturday 1030-1145, Sunday 1030-1200
- Capel St Mary Library Craft activities Sunday 1030-1430
- Chantry Library Ipswich Craft activities Saturday 1430-1600 Sunday
- Elmswell Library Storytime Sunday 1100-1200
- Framlingham Library Storytime Sunday 1500-1530
- Gainsborough Library Craft activities Sunday 1300-1500
- Glemsford Craft activities Sunday
- Great Cornard Library Craft activities Sunday 1100-1400
- Hadleigh Library Craft activities Sunday 1030-1300
- Halesworth Library Craft activities Sunday 1200-1430
- Haverhill Library Craft activities Sunday 1030-1200
- Ipswich County Library Craft activities Sunday 1030-1130 Storytime Sunday 1130-1200
- Ixworth Library Craft activities Sunday 1130-1230
- Kedington Library Craft activities Sunday 1400-1600
- Kesgrave Library Craft activities Sunday 1000-1200
- Kessingland Library Craft activities Sunday 1030-1130
- Lakenheath Library Craft activities Sunday 1000-1500
- Lowestoft Library Craft activities Sunday 1100-1200
- Mildenhall Library Craft activities Sunday 1100-1200
- Needham Market Library Craft activities and storytime Sunday 1115-1215
- Newmarket Library Craft activities Sunday 1100-1500
- Oulton Broad Library Craft activities Sunday 1045-1445
- Rosehill Library Ipswich Craft activities Sunday 1115-1300
- Southwold Library Baby bounce and Tot Rock Sunday 1030-1100 Storytime Sunday 1130-1215
- Stowmarket Library Craft activities Sunday 1030-1130
- Sudbury Library Craft activities Sunday 1030-1200
- Westbourne Library Craft activities Sunday 1100-1400
- Woodbridge Library Craft activities Sunday 1030-120
What is on Sundays For Children in Suffolk!